Developing a Successful Team
Anyone who is responsible for managing teams will tell you that team dynamics make a huge difference in the working environment. Developing effective project teams is one of the primary aspects of team leadership.
In this course, you’ll learn how to develop a team culture early on by establishing team member competencies and working to improve team dynamics. You’ll also learn about methods used to encourage team participation and motivation and increase teamwork and commitment. Finally, you’ll learn about the importance of assessing and improving team performance.
- sequence the steps used to perform a training gap analysis
- recall factors that directly influence team dynamics
- match indicators of poor team dynamics with team-building activities that could be used to correct them
- match strategies that encourage team participation with examples
- recognize the effective use of rewards and recognition
- recognize strategies for gaining commitment from team members in a given scenario
- recall the steps in the GROW method for improving team performance
- use strategies for improving a team’s dynamics, strength, and performance
Encouraging Team Communication and Collaboration
Managing teams successfully involves ensuring that team members can communicate with you and with one another and that they will collaborate effectively as a team. To achieve this, clear channels of communication are required for both on-site and virtual teams.
In this course, you’ll learn how to demonstrate team leadership by encouraging effective communication and overcoming communication problems. You’ll explore strategies for encouraging team collaboration. Finally, you’ll learn about tools and technologies that are commonly used for virtual teamwork and key considerations for establishing virtual communication guidelines.
- match characteristics of healthy team communication with examples
- recognize strategies for overcoming the team communication issues of overcriticism and groupthink
- recall strategies for dealing with interrupters and noncontributors
- identify examples of strategies for fostering collaboration through team-oriented assignments
- recognize strategies for using team-oriented messages to foster collaboration in action
- classify examples of virtual team technologies as being for communication or conferencing
- identify key areas for consideration when setting guidelines for virtual teams
- recognize techniques for improving team collaboration through communication
Handling Team Conflict
Successful teams are characterized by having a clear direction, trust among team members, effective communication, and a clear process for managing team conflict. The survival of a team depends on a leader who can quickly recognize team conflict, diagnose its cause, and implement conflict resolution strategies.
In this course, you’ll learn about what causes conflict on a team and the important role of healthy communication in handling conflict. You’ll discover best practice approaches to dealing with conflict. You’ll also explore the tenets of principled negotiation in managing conflict. Finally, you’ll learn guidelines for resolving conflict that address one specific type of conflict: lack of trust.
- match causes of conflict with examples of the effect each has on a team
- recognize examples of resolving conflict through improved communication
- match conflict resolution techniques with circumstances in which they would be used
- identify which collaborative conflict resolution technique should be used in a given scenario
- recognize examples of the rules of principled negotiation
- recall techniques for resolving trust issues in a team meeting
- identify the recommended contents of a guideline for maintaining trust on a team
- use techniques to resolve conflict among members of your team