Managing Across Generations
Maintaining a Cohesive Multigenerational Workforce
To manage a multigenerational team, you need to understand the diversity of your employees and apply various strategies to divert conflict between them. If you tap into the potential of this multigeneration diversity, you’ll create a more productive, collaborative, and innovative work environment.
In this course, you’ll learn about differences in approaches to work and communication between the main demographic generations: Baby Boomer, Gen X, and Millennial, also known as Gen Y. You’ll also learn strategies to manage your team in a way that ensures team members of each generation feel included, respected, and supported. Additionally, you’ll learn how to implement a mentoring program that takes advantage of the varying experiences and perspectives of multigenerational employees.
- match typical work ethic attributes to the various generations in the workforce
- match attributes of communication styles to each generation in the workforce
- match generations making up the workforce to their expectations of authority
- match types of learning and information gathering to the generations in the workforce
- recognize strategies related to flexibility and choice when managing a multigenerational team
- recognize strategies related to inclusivity and cohesion when managing a multigenerational team
- identify the steps to implement a mentoring program in a multigenerational work environment