News & Events
HYVIA: RENAULT GROUP AND PLUG POWER’S JOINT VENTURE LEADS THE WAY TO A COMPLETE ECOSYSTEM OF FUEL CELL POWERED LCVS, GREEN HYDROGEN AND REFUELING STATIONS ACROSS EUROPE
- June 10, 2021
- Posted by: Ion Cimpoeru
- Category: News
- HYVIA expects to be first-to-market with turnkey hydrogen mobility solutions: light commercial vehicles with fuel cells, hydrogen charging stations, supply of carbon-free hydrogen, maintenance and management of fleets.
- The joint venture will operate across four sites in France.
- This joint venture intends to contribute to the decarbonization of mobility in Europe positioning France as industrial, commercial and technology leader.
Boulogne-Billancourt, June 3, 2021. Renault Group, a dominant player in the automotive industry, and Plug Power Inc. (NASDAQ: PLUG), a world leader in turnkey hydrogen and fuel cell solutions, are today launching HYVIA, as announced on January 12th, 2021. The joint venture is equally owned by the two partners and is chaired by David Holderbach, with over 20 years of experience in strategic, product and international sales at the Renault Group.
The HYVIA integrated hydrogen technology complements Renault’s E-TECH technology, increasing vehicle range to 500 km with rapid recharging time of 3 minutes. These advantages are particularly well-suited to certain uses of light commercial vehicles while simultaneously addressing the regulatory challenges of decarbonizing city centers.
The first three fuel cell vehicles brought to market by HYVIA will be based on the Renault Master platform and should be available in Europe by end of 2021 and accompanied with the deployment of charging stations and the supply of green hydrogen:
- Transport of goods: Van version and Chassis cab version for large volumes.
- Transport of people: City bus version.